As a naturopath, I am drawing on as many tricks and tools as I can think of to keep my immunity strong, and my family vitally well, while we self-isolate. Here are some of the things I am doing in my own home, right now;
- Cold Showers! I love to start my day under cold water. I then alternate between hot and cold, always ending with cold. The cold and warm stimuli constrict and then dilate my blood vessels, strengthening my immune system. I jump out feeling energised and clear.
- Tulsi Tulsi Tulsi. Each morning, I make a big pot of ORGANIC INDIA Tulsi Turmeric Ginger and pour tea for everybody in my family. Tulsi has so many benefits, and right now I am grateful for her anti-viral and anti-anxiety properties – all in the one tasty cup. Once the pot empties, I make another and keep the Tulsi Love flowing throughout the day.I also burn essential oil of Tulsi, which is said to boost immunity, especially for the respiratory system, in essential oil form. I am also wanting the purifying and protective properties of Tulsi to waft throughout our home.
- Aside from supplementing with some favourite immune-boosting homeopathic and herbal remedies, I am making delicious, nutritious, plant-based meals from scratch, using as many organic ingredients as possible.
- Intermittent Fasting. I allow a minimum of 12 hrs between dinner and breakfast, with only water or non-caffeinated herbal tea in between. Giving my digestive system a daily rest enables a strengthening of my immune system.
- I am doing my utmost to avoid whatever takes away my energy – I know that sugar, alcohol, caffeine & screen time drain my vitality, so I find substitutes or alternatives – there are so many!
- Going with the slow. Now that I’m not rushing to leave the house every morning, I am noticing more energy is available to be creative and positive about adapting to the challenges that arise in this current, unplanned, unusual situation.
- Deep Sleep enables my immune system to function more optimally – this means greater resistance to colds and flu. It also helps me to feel stronger mentally; if I haven’t slept well, I am more likely to feel anxious.
- Moving my body, every day. From beach walking with my dog, to star jumping with my kids, or a virtual yoga class in my home office, physical movement makes me feel, and sleep, much better.
- Sunshine – activates vitamin D levels and fortifies my immunity – a great reason to head outside with the kids, plant those Autumn veges, or simply eat lunch outdoors.
- Mindfulness & Gratitude. It feels even more important than ever to take one moment at a time right now, to try to stay connected with myself and present with my family. When I think of all that I am grateful for, I instantly feel my body relax, which I know positively effects my immunity.
Most of all, I have strong intentions to keep my vibration high, stay strong & well, and help others to do the same.