Be sure to reserve some space on Rosh Hashanah buffet tables for this bit of deliciousness! Not celebrating the upcoming holiday? Tuck into a slice for brunch, anytime. Warm and fragrant, this creamy casserole-meets-pudding is comforting and subtly sweet: a sumptuous dessert healthy enough for breakfast.
Our Tulsi Cinnamon Rose tea infusion adds delicately spicy notes to this dish. The harmonious combination of cinnamon, cardamom, rose petals and orange inspire the senses, while the powerful, antioxidant-rich Tulsi blend works to reduce stress, aid digestion, balance energy levels and more. Our products, made from quality ingredients, are lovingly cultivated by small family farmers throughout India using regenerative agricultural practices — all are Certified Organic, Kosher and Non-GMO Project Verified. Comfort food couldn’t be more guilt-free.
CINNAMON BROWN RICE KUGEL
- 2 ORGANIC INDIA Cinnamon Rose tea infusion bags
- 2 ¼ cups water
- 1 ¾ cups coconut milk
- 2 cups brown basmati rice
- 4 eggs
- 1-2 teaspoons orange zest (plus extra for garnish, if desired)
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon [Optional]
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup liquid coconut oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup golden raisins
- 1 granny Smith or other cooking apple, peeled and chopped
- Chopped almonds, for garnish
- Place water, coconut milk, and ORGANIC INDIA Cinnamon rose tea infusions bags in a large saucepan. Bring to a low boil. Reduce heat to simmer, allowing the tea infusion to steep 10 minutes. Remove tea bags.
- Add Basmati rice, cover, and simmer over low heat until the rice is cooked and liquid is absorbed, about 45 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the eggs, sugar, oil, vanilla, cardamom and orange zest. When the rice is ready, add raisins and apple. Mix well.
- Pour the rice mixture into a greased 9″ × 13″ baking pan.
- Bake at 180° C for approximately one hour, or until firm.
- Garnish with chopped almonds. Serve warm.