Wake up to sunshine on a plate! Hearty, healthy, and bursting with natural flavour, these nicely spiced muffins have just the right amount of sweetness to kick off the day. With every bite chock full of fruits, veggies and nuts, these wholesome treats are the perfect grab-and-go breakfast and lunch box stuffer.
Don’t be deceived by lengthy list of ingredients — these sunny muffins pack a bounty of nutrition, but they’re easy to prepare. Let your food processor do the hard work by shredding the apple, carrots, and zucchini all at once. From there, mix all your ingredients in a bowl, spoon to the brim in muffin cups, bake and enjoy!
Makes approx. 14 muffins
- 2 cups gluten-free baking flour blend
- ½ cup gluten-free oats
- 2 tablespoons Psyllium
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 medium apple, peeled, cored and shredded
- 1 small zucchini, shredded
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup aquafaba (drained chickpea water)
- ¼ cup liquid coconut oil
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ -1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
- ½ cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients — flour blend, psyllium, baking powder, baking soda, and spices.
- Stir in carrots, apple, zucchini, walnuts, and coconut, thoroughly coating with the dry mixture.
- Add aquafaba, oil, applesauce, orange juice, maple syrup, and vanilla to form a batter. Add additional orange juice as needed.
- Fold in raisins.
- Fill prepared muffin tin close to the top of each cup.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, until tops are firm and crisp.