There’s never a bad time to start incorporating tea into your nourishing, hearty breakfast. Overnight oats are a great solution for a morning meal, especially with limited time. They are prepped the night before, which makes for a positively scrumptious wake-up call, or perhaps more of a grab-and-go for those of us on the run!
Oats can be eaten warm or cool and can be dressed up or down with toppings to mix up your mornings. To pack that extra punch, we’ve cooked up a recipe using water infused with ORGANIC INDIA’s Tulsi Tea. Right now we’re loving a combo of Tulsi Masala Chai Tea and Cinnamon.
If you are not familiar with overnight oats, get excited! Overnight oats are quick, easy, and nourishing. Instead of cooking over the stovetop or microwave, the oats are soaked overnight in liquid, such as water, tea, milk or a milk alternative. Not only is this method convenient, but soaked oats are also more easily digestible. In soaking, the oats absorb more liquid, which creates a creamier texture. You can adjust the amount of liquid that you use so it can be more or less thick based on your preference.
Overnight oats are so easy to make, can be customised for your unique preferences and dietary restrictions, and are a great way to fuel your morning! We love making them in mason jars for mornings where we’re running out the door to work. Enjoy!
- 1 cup organic oats (uncooked)
- ORGANIC INDIA Tulsi Masala Chai Tea – brewed with a splash of coconut milk
- Spoonful of Cinnamon
- Small handful of blueberries
- Spoonful of almond butter
- Sprinkle of cacao nibs
- Brew a cup of ORGANIC INDIA Tulsi Masala Chai Tea using 1 or 2 tea bags depending on how strong you want the flavour. Save about ½ cup for your recipe and drink the rest! Cheers to good health!
- In a bowl or mason jar, add your oats, liquid, and mix-ins that you want to absorb into your dish – things you want to add as topping save and add when you want to serve the following day. For this recipe – add the blueberries & cacao nibs in this step! · The liquid should cover the top of the oats. Add a splash of extra liquid if you want less creamy oats.
- Give your bowl a stir, and make sure all oats are covered in liquid.
- Cover with lid, cloth or wrap and let sit in the refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning, remove lid from oats and the rest of your toppings. For this recipe – add almond butter and cinnamon · Other topping ideas: sliced bananas, berries, coconut flakes, flax seeds, etc.
- Eat now or take on the go! Tastes delicious heated or even at room temp! Consume within 2 days but best if eaten within a day of making.