Bursting with seasonal flavor, this fresh yet hearty salad celebrates spring in all its budding newness. Warm baby potatoes, tender asparagus and peas, and a tangy Moringa vinaigrette combine beautifully as a satisfying side. Or, add baked marinated tofu cubes, smoked salmon, or boiled egg for a delicious main meal. However you choose to enjoy, this dish comes packed with health benefits to savor.
Deemed a “superfood”, Moringa is one of the most nutrient-dense plants on the planet. In fact, with each 10 gram serving of our ORGANIC INDIA Moringa, you’re gifting your body fifteen times more potassium than bananas, nine times the protein content of yogurt, and twenty-five percent more iron than spinach. Including a teaspoon of Moringa in this tangy Vinaigrette–or any of your favorite dressings–gives your body a boost with all that goodness and a healthy dose of added fiber, too. We love this salad warm, but don’t let the name deceive you. Chilled leftovers are just as tasty. Yields 6 one cup servings.
- 600g baby new potatoes or petite potatoes, halved
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, woody ends trimmed and chopped into roughly 3-inch pieces
- 1 cup peas, fresh or frozen and defrosted
- ¼ cup fresh chopped parsley
- 4 spring onions, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 2 teaspoons ORGANIC INDIA Moringa
- ⅛ teaspoon each garlic and onion powders
- ⅓ cup olive, grapeseed, or other oil of choice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200 C. Place asparagus in a single layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 Teaspoon olive oil and sprinkle with a little sea salt and pepper. Roast 12-15 minutes.
- While asparagus roasts, place the potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water by one inch. Add a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and cook about 12-15 minutes, or until fork tender. Add peas at the end (approximately last 2-3 minutes).
- While vegetables cook, prepare dressing: Combine all ingredients for the dressing EXCEPT the oil and whisk well. Slowly add the oil while whisking continuously until dressing emulsifies. Adjust salt and pepper to suit your taste.
- Strain potatoes and peas, then combine asparagus, parsley and onions in a serving bowl. Pour over dressing and stir to coat.Enjoy!