Call them what you like – energy bites, power balls, or healthy truffles. Whatever name suits your mood, these delectable little mouthfuls provide wholesome replenishment, perfect for a sweetly satisfying pick-me-up post workout, on the trail, at the office, or at school. Best of all, there’s limitless potential for powerful wellness benefits couched into infinite tempting flavours.
Prepping these delightful bites is simple – just a quick blitz in the food processor, then roll your mixture into balls. As versatile as they are easy to make, tweaking to taste and dietary needs is fun! While there are endless ingredient combinations, we like to start with a base of Medjool dates. With their naturally chewiness and caramel taste, these regal fruits offer sticky sweet binding and bulk while being rich in fiber and phytonutrients. Next, a hearty staple like oats, nut butter, or ground flaxseed lends further structure and nutrition while balancing out the sweetness. Finally, make the real magic happen with wellness and flavor-boosting addends.
Mix in shredded coconut, chopped nuts, dried fruits and seeds – but our favorite inclusions are healthy supplements like our ORGANIC INDIA WHOLE HUSK PSYLLIUM for healthy digestion and overall wellness. Add our ORGANIC INDIA TULSI TURMERIC GINGER for healthy joints and inflammation response, and ORGANIC INDIA TULSI MORINGA, one of the most nutrient-dense plants on the planet. With such a tasty base and powerful goodness, you can’t go wrong. Try this delicious healthy trio, and tailor as you please. Mix, match, and enjoy!
Chocolate Oatmeal Cookie with Psyllium
- 1 Cup pitted Medjool dates
- 2 Tablespoons cacao powder plus extra for rolling
- 1 Tablespoon ORGANIC INDIA WHOLE HUSK PSYLLIUM
- ¾ Cup oats
- 2-3 Tablespoons vegan mini chips or coarsely chopped dark chocolate (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons water
(nut-free, allergy friendly)
Coconut, Lime, and Ginger with Moringa
- Cup pitted Medjool dates
- ⅓ Cup coarsely chopped raw nuts of choice (we love hazelnuts, Brazil nuts, and cashews)
- ½ Cup unsweetened shredded coconut plus extra for rolling
- ¼ Cup flax meal (ground flaxseed)
- 1 Tea Bag ORGANIC INDIA TULSI MORINGA
- 1 Tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- Juice of 1 small lime
- ½ Tablespoon lime zest
Golden Milk with Turmeric
- 1 Cup pitted Medjool dates
- 1/3 Cup almond butter
- 2/3 Cup oats
- 2 Tablespoons ground flaxseed or shredded coconut
- ½ Teaspoon ORGANIC INDIA WHOLE HUSK PSYLLIUM
- ½ Teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 Tea Bag ORGANIC INDIA TULSI TURMERIC GINGER
- Pinch of black pepper, optional
- ½ Teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sesame seeds or shredded coconut for rolling (optional)
Soak dates in warm water for ten minutes (optional if they are already soft and plump).
Drain dates, and place in a food processor with all remaining ingredients except for toppings for rolling. Pulse to combine, adding a tablespoon of water at a time as needed until forming a sticky dough. Pause to scrape down the sides as needed. The dates should start to pull the mixture into a ball. If the dough feels too sticky, refrigerate for 5 minutes to set.
Roll into balls of approximately 1 Tablespoon each. Coat in toppings as desired. Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to ten days, or freeze up to one month.